Description: Cascade Floors heavy duty system is a high odor 3 component resin rich flooring system that is installed at ¼ to ⅜″ thickness or greater. Intended use of area as well as traffic and type of cleaning service determine the thickness of application. This system is most generally designed for most food processing applications. Cascade Floors Heavy Duty systems have very tough and durable physical properties and are based on a tried and true formulation used in the food processing industry by Cascade Floors Inc. since 1971.
Packaging: Component #1 comes in 55 gallon drum form and is pailed off into a 5 gallon bucket. Component #2 is measured, added and blended into mixture to a pourable kit size of 5 gallons of blended product.
Colors: Tile Red, light gray, charcoal, and tan
Because we blend our resin base in liquid form we can have a very consistent color throughout the entire flooring system (unlike other flooring systems on the market) will yield consistent color throughout.
● Fast curing between layers and turnaround times
● Moisture cured primer allows application on 7-15 day old cement (it is always recommended to have as much cure time
on cement as possible, standard being 28 days)
● Very uniform finished product with desired texture due to application in layers rather than trying to apply entire system
in 1 application as other systems try
● Excellent impact and abrasion resistant
● Highly chemical resistant to caustics and acids (in diluted concentrations)
● Ease of clean up
● Very slip resistant for safety of employees
● Resistant to most food processing environments for industrial flooring
● USDA and FDA compliant
● Very cost effective and low maintenance compared to other type systems
● Holds up very well to heavy traffic
● Installed by only our trained crews with over 60 years experience
● Backed by a company that has been in business over 30 years with a 5 year warranty
● Meat Processing
● Bottling facilities
● Restaurants and commercial kitchens and commissaries
● Chemical processing
● Cold storage facilities
● Pulp and paper mills
● Frozen food manufacturing
Application of System:
Installers trained and employed by Cascade Floors Inc., Sublimity Oregon, can only apply this system. It is recommended that the following criteria be used for the application of this product to ensure a successful application.
Floors must be sound and free of any contaminants.
Floors to be shot blasted to a heavy aggregate look to open up pores to accept primer.
All joints/seams, gutter or drain edges will be keyed out before floor is shot blasted.
Floor to be vacuumed and readied for primer.
Moisture cured primer to be applied by 3/8 nap roller at a rate of coverage of 250-275 sq ft per gallon, using 5 gallon kits of primer pailed off at a 4 to 1 ratio by weight if kits are broken into smaller needed batches.
After primer tacks over the first layer may be applied.
First layer is applied by pouring blended resin onto floor and spreading with a 24” squeegee and sanded with #16 silica sand to refusal. First layer to set for 30-45 minutes to cure and set for sweeping.
Second layer is applied in the same manner as the first layer.
Third layer is applied like the second layer using #16 grit silica and pigment color is blended into resin component for desired color of floor.
Fourth layer/top coat is pigmented and applied by 24” squeegees pulling the liquid resin over the sand to even out resin and prevent puddling as well as give a very even non-slip texture. Aluminum oxide grit or #16 grit silica will be broadcast according to desired non-slip of customer.
Your newly applied Cascade Floors heavy duty system is ready for service in 12 hours.
Every job we preform is unique and done with the utmost care and technical precision. Contact Cascade Floors when you’re ready to talk about getting the job done, and we’ll go over your specific requirements and specifications. Reach out online or call us any time at 503-769-6823